It is a two-and-a-half-day course that introduces best practices for embracing XLAs (Experience Level Agreements) and transforming into an employee-focused organisation. You will learn how to embed the Experience framework and articulate the value of an experience-based culture.
Engage with skilled and expert instructors to learn the Art & Science of Experience and how XLAs are changing the way we design and manage technology.
In Class Experience:
Learners take a QuickStart Assessment to understand the current baseline, which we reference as we guide you through each phase of the Experience Framework.
The hands-on activities not only allow you to understand the necessary steps within each phase of the framework (Envision, Enable, Execute & Embrace) but also to identify the next steps in your journey.
In this course, you gain a clear understanding of competencies and responsibilities needed across all four phases of the framework:
- Envision experience by seeing the patterns, possibilities, and pathways forward to the experience
- Enable Experience through deep business intelligence to measure & interpret experience ambitions and gaps
- Execute experience to deliver, improve and innovate the experience ambition and reduce gaps
- Embrace experience to deliver, ensure and improve the experience for stakeholders and influencers
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor-led education and assignment facilitation
- Pre-class resources, including a recap of the Essence of Experience
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in our games. Exercises and study aids
- Sample exams and exam preparation
- XLA Foundation certification examination, leading to XLA Ambassador
- Experience Framework Action Kit
This is a 3-day course.
Course: £1,200 plus VAT
Exam (if required): £70
Learners will be equipped to earn their Experience Level Agreement (XLA) Ambassador certificate by achieving a passing score (65%) on the 45-minute exam, consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions.